Real Estate Services
Meticulous Electrical Home Inspections Save Money And Lives
When preparing a house to sell, or negotiating one to buy, it’s important to remember that electrical repairs can be costly and sometimes even a deal breaker.
You’re probably facing at least some electrical repairs when a house contains the following:
- Knob & Tube wiring
- Aluminum Wiring
- Fuse panel
- Evidence of renovations
- When the house is 30+ years old
It is important for agents and buyers alike to consider these wiring conditions when negotiating price. A general house inspection looks at numerous components and systems such as windows, plumbing, the roof and furnace etc. However, a home electrical inspection is specialized and far more in-depth.
A sample of what is inspected includes:
- Exterior hydro service including the stack and meter base
- Electrical panel and any sub-panels and look for correct wire and breaker size
- Electrical wiring to see if there is knob and tube, aluminum wiring, or ungrounded circuits
- Electrical junctions safely secured, exposed wiring that pose safety and fire hazard
- Electrical protection in the vicinity of water
- Functioning safety devices like smoke/CO detectors, Arc Fault breakers
- Check whether the circuits at the panel are accurately labeled
When you invest in a proper home electrical inspection both you and your client will walk away informed, and with a realistic picture of the condition of the electrical system. This will help your client avoid underestimating the cost of electrical repairs once they have possession.
Contact Kirsch Electric for a home electrical inspection or a pre-listing electrical inspection. We will partner with you and provide a detailed 24 point inspection report that you can take to the negotiating table, as well as an estimate for the cost of repairs.